While I’m a pretty decent cook, I am NOT a food blogger. I find writing recipes to be tedious and I’d be lying if I said I enjoy the process.
HOWEVER, occasionally I do like to share a good recipe that I’ve tried out. This is one I just kind of threw together a couple of years ago and it has become a family fave in our house. It’s perfect for cozy Fall mornings and was inspired by our FAVORITE Bath & Body Works candle, Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.
I won’t make you read my life story before I give you the recipe, so here it is!
2C Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix
2T vegetable oil
2T Canned Pumpkin
1/2T Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2C Chopped Pecans
Preferred cooking spray
Your favorite Syrup
Large Mixing Bowl
1. Preheat Waffle Iron (I’m going to assume here that you know how to use it and know the right temps…since they all vary, I cannot give proper instructions on how to heat it.)
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix baking mix, milk, eggs, and vegetable oil.
3. Once batter is mixed well, mix in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and chopped pecans. If the batter seems to thick, you can add a little bit more milk to the mixture. You want it to be slightly runny but not watery.
4. Spray waffle iron, once preheated.
5. Pour about 1/2C of batter on waffle iron (read: This may vary based on size of waffle iron. I am assuming here that you know how yours works!)
6. Cook until cooked through.
7. Repeat until all batter is gone.
8. Serve with your favorite syrup, whipped cream, and/or pecans as a garnish.
You guys, this recipe never disappoints. It’s a hit in our house during the colder months. I like to make a bunch extra (usually 2 batches) and freeze them to use on busy mornings.
If you do not have a waffle iron, you can totally make these as pancakes too. Just do 1 cup of milk instead of 1.5, 1 more egg, and no vegetable oil and you’re set.
Let me know if you try this one out and what you think! In my opinion, they smell pretty similar to the Bath & Body Works Candle 🙂
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Recipe”
Thank you for following my blog!